Terms & Conditions Of Carriage
1. Application – These terms & conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all passengers on board including and additional costs incurred in performing the contract whether or not they actually travel with the party.
2. Quotations – Quotations are given for coach/bus & driver only. Quotations are valid for 7 days unless otherwise notified.
3. Use Of The Vehicle – The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward & return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with The Company. The Company reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time to that agreed. The charges will be pro rata & in accordance with booking confirmation.
4. Seating Capacity – The maximum numbers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers will not carry an extra passenger over the seating capacity.
5. Animals will not be carried on any vehicle, except guide dogs, or with the express permission of the company.
6. Payment – A 20% deposit is required to secure a booking with the balance to be paid 7 days prior to the hire taking place, or otherwise agreed with the company.
7. Cancellation By Hirer – If the hirer wishes to cancel the hire before 7 days of booking a £15.00 administration charge will be levied. 50% of the job cost will be charged, if canceled between 2 and 7 days of the hire date and 100% if 1 day or on the day of hire.
8. Cancellation by The Company – In the event of an emergency or an action by the hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the company may return all monies paid and, without further liability, cancel the contract.
9. Change Of Vehicle – The Company may provide a larger vehicle than the size hired at no additional charge. The company reserves the right to hire another Coach Operator to cover the hire.
10. Route – The route used, unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed en-route, will be at the discretion of the company and/or the driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the hirer, and it’s the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by the passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
11. Breakdown/Delay – The Company gives advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time, and will NOT be liable for inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay.
12. Drivers Hours – The hours of operation of the driver are regulated by the law and the hirer accepts the responsibly of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to drivers hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs.
13. Property – All vehicles hired are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons & the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether & to what extent passengers’ property is carried. The Company will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the depot from where the vehicle is based and may be collected from there.
14. Insurance – All hirers and individual passengers are recommended to obtain insurance for those items where, save for negligence, the company’s liability is limited (such as delay or luggage).
15. Conduct of Passengers – The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations will be removed from the driver’s authority. The hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hiring.
16. Complaints – Any complaints must be made within 7 days of the date of hire in writing to United bus company, 64b Woodburn Road, BT38 8PS.No compensation will be paid out from our company for any reason.
17. Notices – No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle.
18. Alcohol – Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried on or consumed upon the vehicle.
19. Smoking – Smoking is strictly forbidden on all of our vehicles as required by law.
20. Surcharges – The quotation given is based on operating costs at the date of the quotation. When more than 28 days elapse between the date of the quotation and the date of departure, the company reserve the right to pass on to the hirer any increase in the cost of fuel or any other increased costs resulting from Government action. We reserve the right to charge a valeting charge for any soiling in our vehicles or damages made by the hirer.